The remaining member of Abu Sayyaf bandit in Bohol who is on the run is willing to surrender through the Commission on Human Rights (CHR), according to confidential information received the Visayan media on Monday.
According to the report, the group’s head in Mindanao has informed the commission that their lose member is seeking refuge though CHR, after the commission condemned the military’s recent offensive in Mindanao that lead to the death of at least 20 Abu Sayyaf members.
The unnamed bandit in Bohol, whose location was not disclosed, is reportedly ill and afraid to die in hunger.
CHR has not yet responded to the report, but earlier information says the commission is willing to harbor everyone (including hard criminals), who may seek their help.
The said Abu member in Bohol is reportedly involved on the beheading of the French national who was captured near Sulu Sea earlier this year. The same bandit is reportedly involved in several kidnappings in Samal Island in recent years.
It was not clear how the remaining bandit in Bohol could reach the CHR, as the military is continuously looking for the terrorist in hiding. /Nikki Maliksi/Disclaimer: Contributed articles does not reflect the view of Okd2.com. This website cannot guarantee the legitimacy of some of the information contributed to us. You may do additional research if you find some information doubtful. No part of this article maybe reproduced without permission from this website.