Someone has opened a petition at Change.org seeking to remove the late Pres. Cory Aquino and her husband, the late Sen. Benigno Aquino Jr. The petition also asked to replace the late couple with the late and former Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago.
The petition is address to the Philippine Senate, Philippine Congress, and President Rodrigo Roa Duterte.
Below is the full content of the petition.
Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago is the true hero and not Benigno Aquino Jr. who helped the communists and sold the Sabah to Malaysia.
Why Sen. Miriam Defensor Santiago is highly qualified to be in 500-peso bill.
- Spent her entire life serving the Filipino people as both politician, lawyer, and educator.
- Have served in all three branches of the Philippine government – judicial, executive, and legislative
- In 1988, she was named laureate of the Ramon Magsaysay Award for government service, with a citation “for bold and moral leadership in cleaning up a graft-ridden government agency
- In 2012, she became the first Filipina and the first Asian from a developing country to be elected a judge of the International Criminal Court.
- She was known as the Dragon Lady, the Platinum Lady, the Incorruptible Lady, the Tiger Lady, and most popularly, the Iron Lady of Asia
- She served as Legal Officer of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees at Geneva, Switzerland
- And so many more to mention….
Why not the Aquinos?
As president, Corazon “Cory” Aquino accomplished nothing of significance. Cory actually betrayed the people who joined the EDSA 1. CPP-NPA became stronger during her administration and the whole country was dragged to its lowest level in terms of economy and security. EDSA 1 under Cory’s leadership accomplished nothing.
Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino Jr. sold Sabah, Malaysia to Kuala Lumpur just because he wanted to take down Marcos’ regime. His obsessive political ambition was one of the reasons why Marcos declared Martial Law. Full details here
Ninoy brokered the meeting between rebel leaders Bernabe Buscayno and Jose Maria “Joma” Sison. The communist party in the Philippines became stronger because of Aquino.
Late senator Jovito Salonga said in his book that Ninoy Aquino knows everything about the Plaza Miranda bombing. It was possible that he orchestrated the deadly bombing and blames it to Marcos.
Neither Corazon Aquino nor her husband was a hero so they should be removed from the 500-peso bill.