President Rodrigo Duterte get 86% approval and trust rating in the latest survey conducted by Pulse Asia recently.
The result which was publicized on Wednesday gave the president the same score on “trust” and “approval” ratings.
The survey was conducted nationwide with 1,200 adult respondents from September 25 to October 1, 2016.
According to Pulse Asia, this is the first “performance-rated” survey they conducted under the Duterte administration.
The survey had ±3% error margin and 95-percent confidence level, and ±6% error margin sub-national estimates in every geographic area.
11% says they were undecided, while only 3% said they were not satisfied.
Duterte got the biggest approval rating in Mindanao with 93%, Visayas with 88%, Luzon with 84%, and NCR with 80%.
The survey was conducted while the following important events were happening inside the country.
1. Testimonya sa Senado ng nagpakilalang hitman umano na si Edgar Matobato laban kay Duterte hinggil sa extrajudicial killings;
2. Mga kritisismo ng ilang international bodies, kabilang na ang United Nations, at ilang foreign leaders sa madugong kampanya laban sa droga ng administrasyon;
3. Ang animo’y paghambing ni Duterte ng kanyang kampanya sa droga sa kampanya ni Adolf Hitler laban sa mga Hudyo, at ang kasunod na paghingi ng Pangulo ng paumanhin sa Jewish community dahil sa kanyang mga binitiwang salita;
4. Pagpatalsik kay Sen. Leila de Lima bilang chair ng Senate justice committee;
5. Ang House inquiry sa umano’y paglaganap ng kalakalan ng droga sa New Bilibid Prison kung saan nadawit si Sen. De Lima; at
6. Ang usap-usapan sa balak na pagpapatalsik kay Duterte na umano’y ginagatungan ng Liberal Party—ang dating ruling party bago maupo sa puwesto si Duterte.
Pulse Asia conducted its previous survey when Pres. Duterte took office and got a “big trust” rating with 91% and 100% awareness rating.