Becoming a celebrity does not require just beauty and good looks, but also brains. The following list of celebrities are surprisingly smart and have superior IQ score based on many sources, including their academic achievements.
1. Giselle Sanchez studied college at the University of the Philippines, which we can absolutely say that she is indeed very smart, because she graduated Magna Cum Laude in UP. Yes, you heard it right. Ang nanay ni Justin Barber has an IQ score of 139.
2. Lea Salonga, the star of Miss Saigon and Pinoy pride, graduated valedictorian in OB Montessori both in elementary and high school. Lea Salonga is one heck of a smart woman with an IQ score of 140.
3. Nikki Gil is a combination of beauty and brain. She attended high school at Shekinah Christian Training Center wherein she graduated valedictorian in 2005. She rose to fame when she appeared in a Coke commercial in 2005, and the rest as they say, is history. She also graduated college at Ateneo de Manila University. Nikki has an IQ score of 136.
4. Carla Abellana graduated Cum Laude at De Lasalle University wherein she took up Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. She is the daughter of Rey “PJ” Abellana, the former matinee idol during the 80’s. She entered show business right after she graduated, and was given a major project right away by GMA network. She portrayed the lead role as “Rosalinda”, the Filipino remake of Mexico’s very popular telenovela with the same title. The lead role “Rosalinda” was originally played by no less than Thalia herself during the late 90’s. Abellana has a surprising IQ score of 140.
5. Karylle– the daughter of Miss Zsa-Zsa Padilla graduated Valedictorian in High School. She is also a college graduate from Ateneo. She’s now a regular host of “Showtime” along with Vice Ganda, Anne Curtis, Vhong Navarro, and Billy Crawford. Karylle has an IQ score of 138.
6. Christine Bersola – graduated Cum Laude at the University of the Philippines. And happily married to Julius Babao with 2 lovely kids. The multi-awarded anchorwoman has an IQ score of 139.
7. Nanette Medved– was one of the sexiest “Darnas” ever in Philippine showbiz graduated Summa Cum Laude in Babson College in Boston, USA where she took up Finance and Entrepreneurship. She is now happily married to a Chinese businessman named Christopher Po. Medved has an IQ score of 140.
8. Melanie Marquez– the 1979 Miss International and a supermodel finished Business Administration in International Academy of Management and Economics (IAME) where she graduated Cum Laude. Don’t be deceived by Marquez’s “patawa”. She is just as smart as her 140 IQ score.
9. Agot Isidro is really a successful woman not just in her career in showbiz but when it comes to her achievements at school as well. She graduated Magna Cum Laude in New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology where she finished Fashion Buying and Merchandising. She is definitely a beauty and brains with an IQ score of 141.
10. Anna Theresa Licaros– the Philippine representative to the Miss Universe Beauty Pageant last 2007, graduated as Summa Cum from the University of the Philippines. She is now a lawyer who passed the Bar Exams last 2009. Licaros has an IQ score of 140.
Can you beat these celebrities? If you know someone in showbiz and entertainment business that has a high IQ, let us know./Denise Purcel/